Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer: Right Price, Right Result

With all of the high end brand names for make up and skin care, picking products for the face can be mighty confusing.  And expensive.  There are day creams and moisturizers, BB creams, CC creams, liquid foundations, mineral powders...where to begin?

I think that if there is one body part that deserves extra attention, TLC and good products, it's the face.  After all, it is the most exposed body part!  So I typically don't mind investing in good quality skin care lines and make up for my face, since this is the one I am stuck with for many years to come.  Having said that, there are some good quality lines right in your local pharmacy or Target that seem to live up to these high end standards ... like Aveeno.

I mean, if Jennifer Anniston is going to endorse it, it has to be decent, right?


This is Aveeno's Positively Radiant tinted moisturizer in color "Fair to Light."
A tinted moisturizer replaces a daily moisturizer by offering hydration and evening of skin tone with subtle color.  It's not as much coverage as a BB cream, or foundation, so this is best used when you are looking for sheer coverage or a natural make up look.
It's sold at Target for $14.99.
 
 
I used to apply my tinted moisturizer with a make up sponge or applicator like these two pictured above. These can be found in the make up section of most pharmacies or Target, and they are sold by the package of about 20-30 pieces, so they are a great value.  I get multiple uses out of each sponge.
 
 I still think they are effective, but recently I found that applying this tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation has better results when using a make up brush.
 
 
This one was suggested to me by the Sephora rep, it's called the Mineral 45 face brush and it's sold for around $24.

 
I put about 3 pumps of the tinted moisturizer on the back of my hand, swirl it around a bit with this brush, then start applying all over my face.  It immediately starts to set in and blend with my natural skin tone. 

 
It evens everything out and also offers a dew-y appearance to the face.  The other great feature to this tinted moisturizer is that it's only available in a few colors, mine being "Fair to Light," so you don't have to sit there and try to color match to your skin for an hour at the store.  Just pick up your closest shade and this product does the rest.
 
 
This photo wasn't touched up - although please note I have no other make up on  (yikes) - but you can tell that my skin tone is even and my blemishes are already disguised.
 
I then apply my concealer as needed and loose mineral powder to set my face.  It's a great base for a very light and natural look!  What other products have you tried by Aveeno?

Comments

  1. I use this exact moisturizer every day. I love it! I just apply it with my hands (you have to wash your hands right after or the sparkles get everywhere), but now I want to try the brush from Sephora. Sometimes if my skin is dry, I put a layer of a non-tinted moisturizer under it because doubling this doubles the amount of make-up and looks weird. It makes my skin look even and dewy without looking like I'm wearing make up. It's also SPF 30 so it does double duty when I'm on site at work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment