Erase Paste by Benefit

There are numerous products by Benefit that I love.

Their creaseless cream shadow is beautiful.  It's non-drying and creamy - and it acts as both a neutral eye color and eye primer as well to layer over.  It's fabulous.

Also, their highlighters are brilliant.  Easy to apply and maximum results if you are looking for the perfect dewey glow.

Recently I have been focused on the eyes - trying to perfect the brows, improve the eye liner look I use, and also lift and brighten the under-eye (which is perhaps my biggest challenge).  And so I came across this little gem of a product that I have been using for about a week now.

It's called Erase Paste.  It's basically a brightener and concealer in one step.

 
Although I've really been loving my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (which I picked up about a month ago),  I think I bought the wrong color.  It's too dark.  I think that a concealer should be light - very light - next to your skin tone.  The whole concept of using an under-eye concealer is to lift the appearance of the eye.  So I recommend going a shade lighter than usual. 

 
It's also important that the concealer be hydrating or moisturizing.  There is nothing worse than the concealer drying out the under-eye, cracking over the course of the day, or looking too cake-y. 

So far I love this product by Benefit.  It's creamy and sheer.  I bought the lightest color possible called "Fair" and it is very blendable with my skin tone. 

I use it after I have moisturized my face, and applied my foundation.  



I apply this product with my fingers and let it sit for a minute - then I blend it with a concealer brush or a beauty blender.  You can also just use your ring finger to dab and blend under the eye in a U shape.


Then I set it with my favorite mineral powder by Arbonne for a complete face.

Do you have a favorite concealer?  Why do you love it?  Please share!

Comments

  1. The Pixi Corrective Concentrate in Brightening Peach is very similar to Erase Paste, I own and love both! I use the Pixi in the summer/warmer months as it's not as thick and moisturizing as the Erase Paste. I also really love my Bobbi Brown Peach corrections concealer! Anything that had a salmon/peach undertone is the absolute BEST for underrate brightening! Once I set it with Ben Nye Banana Powder or Bare Minerals Summer Bisque loose concealer powder it's perfection!! The combo of peach/salmon with a yellow toned setting powder is just to die for! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love your comments and have been jotting down the products you recommend. Thank you so much for sharing! I have been wanting to try Bobbi's corrector. Is it cakey?? Do you wear corrector under concealer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can get cakey if your aren't careful and VERY light handed with it, it is very emmoliant so you also have to be careful with what products you use on your lower lash line. I always make sure to use a waxy, waterproof liner and waterproof mascara when I'm using it. There are a few different formulas that the brand carries, but one of my favorite is the regular salmon concealer that comes with a yellow toned setting powder all in one little compact! It's wonderful, especially on the go! I will take a picture of it when I get home and send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I have been doing lately that works VERY well for me is starting with the Mabeline Instant Age Rewind under eye concealer in "Brighten" peach toned (they also have Correct, yellow toned, I use for highlighting my face) and then using a highlighting concealer on top. I've been reaching for YSL Touché Éclat #2, Givenchy Mister Light, MAC Prep and Prime in Radiant Rose or Mabeline Fit Me that's a few shades lighter than my skin tone. In switch up both the corrector and highlighting concealer quite often but have been gravitating towards the Instant Age Rewind as it is much lighter in consistency compared to the Pixi, Benefit and Bobbi Brown. If I don't want to layer than I just go with one of those three as they give enough coverage on their own. Regardless if I do the two products or one I ALWAYS set with one of the powders I mentioned in my first comment. Hope that wasn't confusing! I'll send you pictures and exact product makes of everything I mentioned! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can get cakey if your aren't careful and VERY light handed with it, it is very emmoliant so you also have to be careful with what products you use on your lower lash line. I always make sure to use a waxy, waterproof liner and waterproof mascara when I'm using it. There are a few different formulas that the brand carries, but one of my favorite is the regular salmon concealer that comes with a yellow toned setting powder all in one little compact! It's wonderful, especially on the go! I will take a picture of it when I get home and send it to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment