A Splash of Animal Print

 
Ever feel like animal print is taking over the world? 
 
Some days I want bold - I will pull out my leopard pencil dress from Ann Taylor Loft, and pair it with a great fuchsia necklace and some high black boots.  It's a good day.
 
But other days, I'm not feeling so brave and simply just want a splash of animal print instead of the whole "SHEBANG!" 
 
So I use some subtle hints of leopard in my everyday wardrobe. 
 

I picked up this belt from Target recently for about $12, and found these great leopard wedges from DSW on the clearance rack for around $30.  I think that Leopard is trending right now, so you shouldn't have a problem finding similar styles wherever you tend to shop. 

 
 
I always buy skinny belts one size larger so that I can pull it thru as shown above.  Otherwise, it wags around and has no place to go. 
 
If you aren't into matching your belt to your shoes, why not try a pair of animal print flats like these from Gap as a single accessory ... they are a great shoe to toss on with jeans and a tee shirt for a casual look, or dress them up with a pair of black pants, like the ones I am wearing above, and a solid colored shirt for work.  Get them here...Super cute!
 

 
So let's change gears for a moment and consider some zebra print.  Trust me, once you start shopping for animal print, it will be EVERYWHERE...just watch. 
 
I love this skinny belt from Guess and these heels from DSW (again a clearance rack purchase) for a splash of animal print.  The red belt offers a nice variation to the outfit (this one is from Target) that can be used to color block if you aren't into matching the belt and shoes.
 

 
 
I just LOVE the red heel on these shoes, I feel famous wearing them (ha!)...no but really. 
 
 
 
The red heel helps guide me with color scheme - so I will likely pair a white or cream blouse with black pants or a black pencil skirt, and maybe some red beads or red earrings,...then these heels tie it all together. 
 

 
Or try a black blouse, the skinny belt, and your favorite pair of "going out jeans"... and this is an equally great look.
 
 
Isn't it fun to play around with animal print?  All you need is one or two fun accessories and it can really create a unique and playful look with solid colors and otherwise boring outfits.  Other ideas for animal print accessories might be a fun scarf, earrings, or a headband.  They are out there, you just have to look for them.  I hope you will try it!

Comments