Match the Mannequin

Is anyone else out there a Mannequin watcher?  I find some of my best outfit ideas from the mannequins in the store.  I have actually gone so far as to hoist myself up on top of shelves and tables to manually take articles off of mannequins because I am so in love with the clothing or accessory.
#mannequinproblems
 
So this past weekend I paid a visit to one of my favorite stores - Anthropologie. 
(enter majestic music and queue the doves) 
It's just gorgeous inside... the moment I walk in, I am overcome by the fragrant candles burning and all of the warm tones and colors -and the mannequins -  they are just fabulous in that store.  So fabulous I snapped a photo.
 

So focus on the outfit in the center of this photo (sorry the sun created so much shadowing).  It caught my eye and I immediately found myself trying to gather all of the pieces that make up this outfit around the store.  Before I know it, I have the scarf ($48), the lovely green sweater ($128), the ivory tee ($38), and the amazing medallion necklace ($48) in my arms, rushing toward the register.
 
Then I stop.  I start counting in my mind.
I think about the amount of money that I am about to spend, and my steps are haulted.
$262.  Yikes.
 
So I pull myself together and find a quiet corner of the store and have a little debate over the items that are most important to me.  (Does anyone else do this?)
 
I decide that I must have a cream colored tee at home already.
I have a similar scarf that I got last season that would work just fine.
And I must be able to find a similar version of this sweater at my Marshalls...
 
So I opt to purchase only one piece - the unique medallion necklace - and decide that I will put this outfit together in some way - just for much, much less money.

So here is what I worked with.  First of all, look at this necklace, it was worth the price, don't you think?  Its double sided and super pretty in person. I will get lots of use out of this piece.


 
 
 Ok, so then I went home and took out my favorite scarf from Anthropologie "Freshly Cut" last season (that's their sale rack, see it here).  Scarves are so easy to find - check out Target for a nice selection too.  This one is a floral infinity and it's navy.


Then it was time to find a cream colored tee, and honestly, I wasn't really loving anything in my closet.  You know how cream and white tee's need to be replaced every so often? 
So off to Marshalls I went, determined not to spend a fortune on these few pieces.



This was a steal - $12.99 for a good length, scoop neck, cream tee. Next, on to find a similar green sweater as the one on the Mannequin, and I came across this gem
by Michael Kors.


 
 I mean, look at this savings...originally $130 at the department store and I got it at Marshalls for only $39.99!  It's such a pretty, warm green tone.  It's lovely for fall and can be worn not only with this outfit, but so many others for work or casual.

Last piece needed for this outfit is a good pair of boot cut jeans.  What gal doesn't have one pair of boot cut jeans?  Love them.  And for this look, I'm going with none other than my...


Ok, so now for the big reveal!
Here is what I came up with:


~~~Tah-Dah! ~~~


Pretty close, huh?
I did it all for $100.98 instead of the estimated cost at Anthropologie of over $260!  Just by shopping around a bit and using my own closet, I was able to practically
Match the Mannequin!

Here's a quick variation with a different scarf...just to show you how changing a piece in and out can create a different look...


Have you ever replicated a Mannequin look?  I would love to hear about it!
 
 
 

Comments