Slippers and the Perfect Sweater

It's the time of year that I am craving cozy items to snuggle up with. 
 
Cozy, but cute.
 
Do you shop at Ann Taylor Loft?  I never used to before I lived close to one.  Now I would say it's a go-to store of mine for loungewear, dress pants, and just casual, anytime clothing. 
 
Every now and again they run a 50% off sale on their website, which to me is a good deal. I don't really make a big fuss over a 10% coupon, or even 20%. 
But 30-50% off is worth taking a look at.
 
When shopping online - read the reviews first!  They help for determining comfort, fit and sizing.  I always consult the reviews before ordering.
 
So during their last sale, I ordered these great slippers at a discount of only $15.
 
 
You can see the whole collection of Loft slippers here.
 
I love that these slippers are gray and cream colored - which will match most of my loungewear perfectly.  They have some pretty silver sparkle to them as well, and they are super soft and comfy on the inside. 
I ordered these in size MEDIUM, and I am typically a size 8 for comparison. 
Nice to wear around the house, or out to grab the mail.
 
 
The other item I picked up during their 50% off online sale was this amazing

 
I had been eyeing this piece for a week or so, just waiting for a sale to happen since it's pricey.  I mean, $80 for a sweater is just too much.
 
So with the 50% off, I picked it up for less than $40, which is justifiable for me since I am certain this piece will get good use. 
 
For anything oversized or drapey, I usually size down because I want it to look
fitted-comfy, but not baggy-comfy -- make sense?
I want it to look like a piece from my closet,
not something I borrowed from my husband's closet.
 
I just love sweaters like this that I can throw on over practically anything...


Here, I wore it on a mild day in place of a coat,
with black leggings (also from Loft) and
black slip on flats from Old Navy. 
I wore a longer tee in fuchsia from Anthropologie underneath,
but any tee could work as long as it's the right length.
 
Some other ideas for this sweater...
  • The obvious thought is to wear it around the house with your comfiest pair of sweats to achieve a cute but cozy look.  Snuggle up with your favorite book.
  • How about dressed up with a collared white shirt underneath and some black dress pants and heels?  Pop it with silver jewelry - Pretty for the office.
  • For a fun night out, you could also wear it with your favorite dark skinny jeans, heels and a colorful shirt underneath with a long necklace.
 
What do you think of these purchases?
Where do you get your favorite slippers and loungewear?
 

Comments