The Tunic from Macy's

Do you ever feel stuck in the same outfit rut?  You're headed out to dinner and you put on your favorite pair of boot cut jeans, some nice high heels or boots, and a great shirt.  Perfect, you think.  You look good and feel comfortable and are ready for a night on the town.  But there are some great alternatives to this look that just take a little bit of confidence and exploring.  Hence my post about the Macy's tunic.

Everyone knows that, again this year, leggings are the trend.  Every color, every style - wear them with your favorite oversized sweatshirt and flip flops, or jazz them up for a night out with a cute tunic or dress.  Enter the Macy's tunic:


This Alfani tunic caught my eye online, and so I ordered it and was super pleased (as usual) with the fit and style of this piece.  I have GREAT luck at Macy's for finding longer shirts, cute dresses to go with leggings, and unique tunics.  There are a few brands that I have particular luck with - Alfani being the main one which tends to be more on the pricey end, but worth it for fit, comfort, wash and wear.  Then there is INC - a great line that you must be familiar with from their cute jackets, bedazzled dresses and bright colored tops and sweaters.  Then lastly, try the brand by Style&Co.  Similar to Alfani in fit, and slightly more affordable.


So off I go with picking up a great pair of leggings (which is an entire other post that I will do soon) and heeled black boots.  Some good chandelier earrings, bright eye make up and a cute clutch, and you are off and running with a new look that beats the boot cut jeans any day of the week.  If you don't think you can pull it off, try it first.  This look is flattering on petite ladies as well as average sized. 

 
There is a difference between tights and leggings.   If the tunic falls lower and covers most of your back end, and you feel comfortable running this look as more of a dress - then go for the tights.  For me, I prefer leggings just to be on the safe side so that if I drop something and bend the wrong way, I am not in trouble :)

 
I just love the detail on this tunic.  It's much brighter in person - turquoise and lime green.  The sleeves are sheer and come to a cuff around the wrists.  The feel of it is so comfy and is just easy to wear.  It was perfect for a cool autumn evening with a light jacket or cardigan.

 
 
Just wanted to introduce my husband, Jad to the blog. 
You will see him often, I just adore him.
Anyway!  I choose my Stella & Dot Garden Party chandelier earrings to go with this look.  I recommend bypassing a necklace because of the already great neckline, and go for a great pair of noticeable earrings.
 
Would love to hear your thoughts on the tunic look! 
Would you try to replace your favorite go-to outfit with something a bit more edgy like this? 
Which brand have you tried and had luck with?

Comments

  1. What is the material of this tunic? Is it clingy? I carry my weight in my mid drift, so have a hard time finding the right shirt to wear with leggins. Are their certain tunics you recommend to wear with leggings that you don't think will be to clingy or make me look frumpy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa and thanks for your comment. This tunic is made of a poly/spandex blend - it's an easy fit and isn't too clingy in my opinion. This would be the material I would suggest based on your figure type. My recommendation would be to invest in a pair of high waisted leggings from Spanx to pull in the mid area and create a smooth, sleek waist area for the tunic to lay over. I will do a post on these leggings, I cannot say enough good things about them! Meanwhile, look at http://www.spanx.com/ for the high waisted, cotton leggings. They are $72 but worth every penny!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment