Yay for Friday!

I would really like for Fridays on From K's Closet to be something fun and different - you know - lighthearted and easy to read as we all sail into the weekend.  For me, Friday is perhaps my favorite day of the week.  It's jeans day at work, it's daycare day for my dogs (so they come home exhausted), and it's date night for my husband and me.  Plus, after Friday is over, there are still 2 more full days to the weekend!  It's just a win all around :)
 
So in honor of Fridays, I would like to start "Yay for Friday!" which will be a feature of some favorites, must-haves, and just "can't live without it" products and pieces. 
 
Let's kick off the first "Yay for Friday" with something I use everyday that perfectly meets my expectation for being my go-to nightly facial cleanser. 
It's Philosophy's Purity Facial Cleansing Gel.
 
 
Let me just start by saying that this tube of cleanser is enormous.  I have had it for MONTHS already and I've barely made a dent in this thing.  I got it on special at Sephora for....hold your breath...only $10!!  This was a total steal for the cost, and for a small dime size portion each night, it perfectly lathers up and gently, but effectively, washes the day away.

 
My next Friday feature is an article that I have been wearing a lot of lately.  With the weather getting cooler, I can't get away with just a tee shirt in the evenings anymore.  Lately, when my husband walks in the door after work, this is what I am wearing...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing after 5 straight nights...
but hey, when something is comfy, it's comfy!
It's my Black Dog oversized sweatshirt.
 
 
You don't have to be a dog lover to love this sweatshirt.  I found the Black Dog store in Newburyport, MA a couple years ago and bought a few cute fitted items that I also really enjoy.  Then I smartened up and went back for what I really wanted - a super cuddly, way too large for me, roll up the sleeves and get lost in it sweatshirt.  Treat yourself and get one for the fall/winter if you don't have one.  Umm...super cute with leggings!
 
 
I use this next styling product nearly everyday for my most basic hair style.  It's the new BaByLiss 1.5 inch barrel curling iron.  My 4 year old, Helen of Troy broke last week, so I found myself at the mall getting a new one recently to replace it, and so far so good. 
 

\
I am not in any way, shape or form a professional when it comes to hair, styling or product recommendations.  But experimenting is fun and I am learning more about hair each day. I use this size curling iron to just flip my ends -  Call it 1950's, but for me, it's easy and simple and I feel polished to have done something to my hair before walking out the door.

(that's me!)
sweater - Ann Taylor Loft
denim shirt - Gap
sparkly necklace - Stella & Dot
 
The last feature of the day is a beauty product that I would say I have a slight obsession with: Body Sprays !!
Note these are not perfumes - nowhere near as bold. 
 Below is just a quick variety I pulled from my bathroom cabinet - but trust me when I tell you that I have one in my purse at all times, one in my desk drawer at work, and I even put one in the bathroom at work for all of the ladies to share.
 
 
You just can't ever have enough body sprays.  Right after the shower I do a little spritz.  Before I button the last button on my blouse I spritz.  If I am in the dressing room at a store trying on clothes - I spritz before putting my original outfit back on - I spritz after leaving a restaurant - I confess, I am a spritz-a-aholic, I know this.
 
 
This body spray is my favorite brand.  Secret and Dove both make a few different scents (I buy mine at Target where they have a nice variety) and all of them smell so lovely and refreshing.  What a great little purchase for just a couple bucks!
 
So there you have it!  Our first "Yay for Friday" here at From K's Closet!  I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I have enjoyed sharing and writing the last few weeks! 
So much more to come!
Have a great weekend everyone!  :0) K
 

Comments