A Few Things: Date Night, Cartoon Sweater Reveal and Wedge Sneakers

 
First things, first - Happy Monday and hope your weekend was great!
 
My husband and I snuck away for a date night this weekend.  It was so fun to get dressed up a bit, have a nice leisurely dinner and a bottle of wine, and then stay away from home for the night.  Just perfect.
 
 
Have you ever been to the Bedford Village Inn in NH?
 
During October and November, they have this event called "Bonfire" every Friday and Saturday night with live music, drinks and apps outside around a fire.  It's really seasonal and quaint, and they have heaters set up to keep everyone toasty.  If you are nearby Bedford and looking for something fun to do, you should check it out.
 
 
Ok, enough about me - let's move on to the big reveal of the Cartoon Sweater from last week!
 
 
Here it is, pretty simply done, with a denim shirt underneath, INC black jeans from Macy's and basic silver flats. I think it's OK...not sure I would wear it this plainly. 

 
 I think I much prefer it underneath a vest like this.  Or perhaps with a scarf or something to make it less "HELLO OWL" right out front.

 
I do think it's a cute variation from the norm and definitely a conversation starter. 
 
What do you think about the Owl Sweater? 
Would you wear a cartoon themed sweater or sweatshirt?
 
I wanted to see what you all think about this new trend:  the Wedge Sneaker.  When JLo was on Dancing with the Stars a few weeks ago, she was wearing some.  They look so awesome on her, then again, what doesn't look awesome on her?
 
 
 
Ok, so I went this weekend and tried them on at a few different stores.  I did not make any purchases - just couldn't seem to take the plunge into the world of the
Wedge Sneaker just yet.
 

 
I mean, they feel a bit Michael Jackson to me.
And when I asked a couple of younger girls nearby what they thought about them, they both said they didn't love them. Hmmm.
 
 
These ones above are full on VELCRO.  Yikes.
 
This style below was my favorite one that I tried on - they are Michael Kors from Macys and they are retail price $195.  They are cumbersome to put on, there are laces and then a higher buckle.
 
 
How would I wear them?  They are more casual to me than dressy.  So I was thinking of pairing them with jeans or leggings and weekend wear.  Maybe they would go well with the Owl sweater and some jeans?  I am just not sure where they fit into my wardrobe yet.
 
Would love to hear your thoughts on this new trend. 
How would you wear a Wedge Sneaker? 
Stand clear or have no fear?
 

Comments