Bathroom Storage

 
I have had a couple requests for ideas to organize bathroom storage. 
 
Now I want to preface this post by admitting that I have a slight organizational obsession with baskets - and containers - and anything that groups similar items and keeps them from standing freely.  Some of these ideas may seem WAYYY overboard to you, but even if you take one idea away, I think it's worth sharing.
 
So let's start where no one likes to go - under the sink.

 
Above, you can see that I have 3 containers.  From left to right, I have a large black fabric crate that holds miscellaneous items, like jewelry cleaner, a bag of nail items, extra face creams, and panty liners for example.  The middle container is a small box that holds all of my nail polishes.  Then to the far right is my favorite container, it's a pretty woven basket that holds all of my hair products. 

 
 I have them organized with the most used in the front, and the less used to the back.
 
Over on my husband's side, he has less stuff and more space.  So his "products" (mouthwash, powder, etc) are in a large black fabric crate to the right, and then to the left, I have made room for some cleaning products for our bathroom upstairs.
 
 
Below, you can see a better look at this basket for cleaning products.  It's actually a "My Thirty-One" item, and I have one under my kitchen sink, as well as the other guest bathroom.  They are so handy and I love how they perfectly hold cleaning products.

 
Next let's look in some drawers.  At Marshalls or Home Goods, I can typically find these great compartment organizers that are short in height -
so they are meant to work well in drawers.
 
 
Above, I have a few different methods for organizing.  I have a couple empty jewelry gift boxes top left, to hold my bun makers, and also bottom right to hold some headbands and hair ties.
 
Then bottom left is a holder from Home Goods that separates my combs and duck bill clips.  Top right I have a similar holder for headbands.

 
I love this compartment organizer from Home Goods that separates all of our first aid items, as well as some clippers and floss sticks.
 
For make up, I don't use bags unless I am on the go.  I like to have everything displayed openly so that I can see what I have for selection and don't forget about anything. 
So I use a Caboodle, and this one is from Target (see similar here).
 
 
Below is a side view. 
I keep my most used brushes and items toward the front, and less used items in the back. 
Some may think this looks cluttered, but I haven't figured out a better way yet...

 
If I have a lot of something, like lipsticks and lip glosses, then I will create a basket for them.
 
 
 
This is the shelf on the far wall of our bathroom near the mirror I use to get ready.  I added this shelf to give me some extra space for quick-to-grab items.
 
 
 Again, not many free standing items - everything is grouped together by face, hair, etc. 
I love baskets, as you can see.
 
Below is the main area of our vanity.  The left side is for him, where he keeps cologne, aftershave, etc.  The right side is where I keep my sponges for make up, Qtips, and cottonballs.  The bottom right shelf is also mine, where I keep perfumes and body sprays.
 
 
Lastly, this is how I store my hair tools.  Don't worry, I make sure they are completely cool before placing them in this basket!
 
 
I hope that this tour of my bathroom has given you some helpful ideas for storage!
 
 
 
 

 

Comments