Laura Geller Lipstick

My mom and I spent the day together on Saturday.  We were supposed to be checking some Christmas presents off the list, but we ended up shopping for each other more than anyone else. 
 
There was an Ulta Beauty at the mall we went to.  O M G.  What an amazing store. I wish there was one in the mall closer to my house.  Have you ever been?
 
What I love is the selection.  It's so much different than Sephora.  Ulta has beauty tools, products, everything from high end lines to drug store brands.  It's well lit and everyone there was super helpful.
 
So we ended up trying on some Laura Geller Color Enriched Lipsticks since I had never heard of them before.  My mom was in search of a moisturizing lipstick that doesn't crack and dry up after an hour.  The associate recommended this brand because it's made with Vitamins A, D and E and it's apparently Anti-aging -- it reduces the look of fine lines. 
 
 
I picked out the color Peach Tree because the associate helping me was wearing it, and I loved how it looked on her.  She had similar features and skin tone to me.
 
So naturally, I asked her to put the color on me and sure enough it was unlike anything I have ever worn.  It's not too peachy, not too pink.  It's really a lovely shade of pinkish nude that just somehow works nicely with my coloring.
 

She also recommended this lip pencil to use before applying the lipstick.  It's the same brand by Laura Geller and it's called "Pout Perfection" in color Buff.
 
 
Wa Lah!
 


The promotion going on today was if you spend $25 you get a free sparkly lip gloss too, so that is what I used on top to add a little bit more shine.
 
My mom loved this lipstick as well, so she ended up with Pink Mink.  It looks so great on her - it's more plum looking and goes nicely with her darker complexion.
 
 
But at the end of the day, who cares about the lipstick.  The best part of the day was just spending time with my mom.  She is so much fun and we always have many laughs.


Comments

  1. Karyn, you know trees an Ulta in Nashua... Right?! DW Highway, right next to Trader Joes behind David's Bridal!! It's only been open for a few months and it's AH-MAZ-ING!!! Laura Geller is one of my favorite lines.... I highly recommend trying out her Balance-N-Brighten powder foundation, Balance-N-Bronze and Bush-N-Brighten specifically in Boysenberry and Pink Grapefruit. Also, her Real Deal concealer is one of the hands down, best full coverage concealer I've EVER used. Hautelook just had a sale on Laura Geller, as well as Tarte... I think they both still might be going!!! Check it out ASAP! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had to check for myself as I needed to order a few things from Tarte... Both of the cheek stains and the eye enhancing tool... My Michael Todd one is just about on its last leg and is $50, the Tarte one is on sale for $18!! I'm also dying to get the cream to powder bronzer and brush set!! The Laura Geller sale is over :( but the line has been on Hautelook many times in the past, it will be back before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, thank you! Will check these other products out ASAP! Love your suggestions... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment