The Cartoon Sweater

I was getting a pedicure the other day, and was reading the People Style Watch magazine from October.  The pedicurist doing my toes must have been thinking,
 
"Why is this woman snapping photos of the magazine."
 
But hey, I am a big time blogger now (ha!) - gotta capture the moment when I see a good thing and then blog about it later.
 
So here is what I found, and seem to keep bumping into - the Cartoon Sweater.
 
 
My initial reaction - this is too "little kid-ish" looking for me.
 
Then I turn the page and I am seeing more fashion trends with this animal print / cartoon character motif.  I decide, ok maybe I should take a closer look and see if I can pull this off.

 
 
So I do a little online research and sure enough, this is looking to be a fun trend this season.  What do you think about it?  I went to Old Navy (which is rare for me and I usually go with purpose) and found an entire rack of these Cartoon sweaters.  
 
So I grabbed the cutest one and this is what I came up with.


 
I am picturing this a few ways:
 
1. with a denim chambray button up shirt underneath, some black pants and heels.
2.  a basic undershirt or tee with a chunky infinity scarf, jeans and riding boots
3. use it as a layering piece underneath a vest or military jacket
 
Tune in on Monday to see the big reveal of how I put it together.  Meanwhile, what do you think about this trend?  Would you wear a Cartoon Sweater?
 
Remember last Friday I had posted about this great tank from Anthropologie that I picked up on clearance?  Well here it is - all fall'ed up - I wore it today!
 
 
I opted for brown leggings, cognac boots and a cream sweater.  But it would also go great with skinny jeans on a casual Friday.
 
 
Happy Thursday Everyone!


 
 
 
 

Comments