Doc Marten Lace up Boots

 
A couple weeks ago I had mentioned my new Doc Marten boots. 

I picked them up at Journeys in my local mall while shopping with my husband. I should note here that I don't typically shop at Journeys because it's more of an alternative style, but it's one of the only stores around that carries a good selection of Docs.

We were shopping for him, but then I bumped into these things:

 
I'm sorry, but I think they are pretty cool. 
 
Lace ups are definitely in style this season, and so is the military trend.  So this is a nice combination of both with a feminine touch featuring ribbons as the laces and a floral interior.


 
The cool part of these is that they can be worn high (stopping around mid-calf) or they can be rolled down and buckled low to expose the floral interior print.
 
You can find similar at www.zappos.com by clicking here.
 

 
Yes, they are taking some getting used to, for sure. 
But I love them and they are getting more and more comfortable as I break them in.
 

Here I am (above) looking a bit more confident haha.
I tried to match a few of the colors from the floral print to put this outfit into motion.
 
Here I have on a great French vanilla colored cowl neck sweater from Gap, and underneath is a bright pink long sleeved tee from Gap that I picked up at 50 % off.
 
I did wear these new boots to work last week, and most of the women in my office loved them, but mixed reviews from the men. 
One male co-worker told me that they "scared" him, haha! 
But for the most part, they were well accepted.
 
I also wore them at Thanksgiving to our night time family party - I wore them laced up high with brown leggings and a cute multi-colored tunic. 
That outfit style definitely brought out the feminine side of them.
 
Would you be bold enough to wear boots like this? 
How would you wear them?

Comments