Four Years Ago Today


I don't veer off too far from Fashion very often on this blog.  After all, it's called
From K's Closet, not From K's Thoughts

But, today is a special day.
Today is my 4th Anniversary married to my husband, Jad. 

Dec. 5, 2009

I am the lucky one to have found him.  He makes me feel like a newlywed every day of our life together.  I still get excited for him to walk through the door on a Wednesday night after work.  I love seeing him, spending time with him and sharing stories, thoughts and memories together.  He is by my side, in my corner, always there with a warm word, supportive hand and patient glance.  God really blessed me when he gave me this man to share my life.

I think back today, and many days, to our wedding 4 years ago. 

This week in particular is bittersweet for us because we lost my grandmother on Monday. 

She and my Grampa exemplified a Marriage.  They were married for over 60 years.


At our wedding, we invited all married couples to the floor for an Anniversary Dance.  It started with the song Remember When by Alan Jackson, and the DJ had to carry the dance over with another song because they had been married so long, the years kept coming.
 
Even when the music changed over, they never lost a step. 
They were so in love and such partners.
 
 
My Grammy's advice to us, "Love each other everyday."
 
 

 
Below is a picture that is more meaningful to me now than before.
It's a picture of my mom, and her mom, and me.  I didn't notice it before because it's a candid - 1 in 1000 - that just didn't seem significant.
I am laughing (not crying) and they are clearly giving me some advice.
 
Today, I adore this picture.  I will always cherish it!
 



So as I think back today to our wedding 4 years ago, I am feeling a few emotions.

Fortunate ... that I married the man who I know I will grow old with.
Loved ... by him and so many wonderful friends and family.
Inspired ... by my grandparents' life long love for one another.
Sad ... that I won't get to see my Grammy again ...
or hear the advice that she was always so good at giving.
Thankful ...  for the time I had with her and the time that
I still have with my own mother and family.

But above all, I am feeling Blessed ... Just blessed.



Comments

  1. Beautiful words Karyn- Happy Anniversary to you and Jad :) I remember that snowy night and how giddy-in-love you two looked - I don't think much has changed. I'm quite sure your Grandmother must of felt very blessed to see her grandaughter so completely in love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment