Statement Necklace

 
Sometimes I create my entire outfit around one piece. 
Maybe it's shoes or a great colorful scarf.
This time, it is a statement necklace that I fell in love with from Francesca's.
 
 
I love it because it's made with super sparkly gems set on a gold chain.  There are tones of purple, black, gray, camel...it's a great piece that's very versatile.
 
So I grabbed this necklace and wanted to wear it to dinner for our Anniversary last week.  We had reservations at a steak house, so immediately I had ruled out the idea of a dress.
I was picturing some good jeans  with heels for a sheik, casual look.
This necklace would be the perfect outfit starter.
 
I decided to use my 50% off one item coupon at Banana Republic to get this
 
 
It's perfect for the holidays and can be dressed up or down.
 
I already have a nice pair of dark wash boot cut jeans and black heels, so I was just in search of the best solid color shirt to wear underneath this blazer.  I opted for a light gray wash long sleeve shirt from Gap.
 
 
All the pieces are in place!
 
Now to put it all together.  I think the necklace does all the work.
 

 
I have a few more ideas for this necklace over the next few weeks.
I want to wear it with a simple black dress. 
I also think it will look great tucked under the collar of a button up shirt for work.

 
 Cheers!

Comments