Yay For Friday - Holiday Decorating Ideas

 
Happy Friday Everyone!
There are only 12 more days until Christmas!
 
In spirit of the season, I want to dedicate this Friday's post to ideas for holiday decorating.
 
Earlier this season, I shared with you my burlap obsession.  I laced my cabinet doors in the kitchen with ribbons of burlap and secured them in the back with a stapler.
This doesn't damage the door in any way which is a bonus.
 
Then I wrap pine cones attached to pipe cleaners to the burlap for a little extra decoration.  You could also make the doors look like presents and tie a large bow around the center.
 
 
Then I sprayed a bunch of clothes pins with spray adhesive and sprinkled them with glitter.  I  use the clothes pins to secure holiday cards to the burlap.
 
This is a great conversation piece in the kitchen because company tends to gather there and browse the cards.  I love having them on display for everyone to see and read.

 
Next is the foyer.  It's so hard to decorate a foyer so that it looks extravagant as someone enters the home.  I like to go big in the foyer for optimal effect.
 
 
I found these great large branches of red and cream colored flowers at Michaels craft store. 
They have served me well since the beginning of fall and now I will keep them up at least through January. I changed the vase filler to fake snow (from Target) and some pine cones.
 
Then I used thick pine garland to cover the table and I sprinkled snow all over.  I put a lovely candle called "Home for the Holidays" from Yankee Candle next to the vase.


 Below I have some simple candle holders with winter white tea lights.  I placed them  next to this Santa statue and they look really pretty lit up.
 
 
I took some glass bowls from Christmas Tree Shoppe and filled them with the same fake snow and pine cones that I used in the foyer.  It's a simple idea but looks really festive and can stay up for winter, even after the holidays have come and gone.

 
Below, this unique glass candle holder can be changed by season and filled with anything really.  Pine cones it is, to go with my theme.

 
Next is a glass canister without the lid, over-filled with pine cones and
tied with a bow of burlap. 
 
 
Lastly, I just love using lanterns all year round for decorating. 
I change out the candles by season.
They are rustic and simple.
 
I have two lanterns next to our wedding centerpiece at the top of our stairs, and I have another large lantern as our dining room centerpiece.

 
What do you like to do for creative holiday decorating? 
I would love to hear your ideas!

Comments