Yay for Friday - Our Christmas Tree 2013

I wanted to do something different this year for our Christmas tree. 

My husband and I have celebrated 3 Christmas' together in our home with the same gold and maroon decorations every year.  Those were the colors in our wedding and I love them, but this year we wanted to do something different. 

Hence all the recent supplies from previous posts:


Burlap from WalMart


Ribbons from Michaels Craft Store


Assorted flowers from Michaels Craft Store
So I wanted to reveal where I pulled my inspiration. 
It came from this great picture that I had found when I did some researching on
"Vintage" and "Romance" Christmas trees.
~~ How beautiful is this tree?  ~~
I just love it - it's dripping with romance.  It's the perfect segway from warm fall tones and themes into cool holiday style.
I also drew inspiration from the Pottery Barn catalog featuring this tree:
It's very rustic with owls and other outdoor wildlife on it - branches for trim and paper wrapped bundles.  I also love this simple yet elegant look.
So I spent a few weeks gathering some pieces from these pictures  -  pearl strands, fluffy white, gold and ivory ornaments and some mystical looking decorations. 
Pottery Barn sells these types of ornaments for $12.50/piece.  I found them at Macy's for around the same price, with 40% off, and then a coupon with another 20% off.  So I walked away with a bag full of mixed creature ornaments (a FULL bag) for only around $75.
(we have a 9 ft tree, so I needed a good amount)
This is how it turned out!


I found this great fluffy white fur tree skirt for less than $20 at Christmas Tree Shoppe. 
It's maybe my favorite part since it completes the look. 
Kind of like a good pair of boots with the perfect outfit.

I mixed the burlap and the thick striped ribbon together to create the garland. 
I tied them a yard or so apart with pine cone ties. 
The pine cones are a great accent that help to make it look outdoor-sy.


I love the fluffy owls and the birds with long tails that hang off each branch.


I just need to find the perfect topper now for this tree.

I am looking for the perfect Angel.  Any suggestions?

What do you think of this tree?
Do you put up the same decorations each year or change color themes?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.
Happy Weekend Everyone!

Comments