Hydration Nation

It's that time of year!  Dry skin season!  Rough heels and cracked skin.

Blah!  

Here are a few of my favorite products to help keep my skin hydrated during this most parched time of year.

The first product I am loving this season is my daily facial moisturizer by Origins called GinZing.  I blogged about this product earlier in the season when I had first bought it with my favorite brightening mascara.  Now that I have had the chance to use it, I really love the texture, smell and sheer moisture that it provides underneath my make up.  I never have dry patches.  If anything,  I have to blot several times during the day for shine, but I would rather be hydrated than dry any day of the week.


You can find Origins products at most Macys.

I learned about the next two products from my nail salon.  They kept using these moisturizers to give me a hand / foot massage after my mani/pedi and I fell in love with the smell each time.  So I went to Bath & Body Works in search of them and here they are!  They are from the "Spa" line - one is catered to Stress relief and the other is Sensual to apparently "fill the air with love."



Sensual is my favorite.  It smells amazingly fragrant and is very hard to describe, but I love it so much that I also got the body wash and am doing double duty by washing and hydrating in this scent.




Stress relief is great for the evenings to relax, and set your mind at ease as Eucalyptus does so well.
Both products are non-greasy and lovely for a moisturizing treat.

I can't talk about hydration and leave out the hair!  It's perhaps the worst victim of dry season.  My best suggestions, and what has worked for me, is to cut down on washes and try to go every second or third day.  I use Wen 1-2 days a week which also helps to keep my hair conditioned.  I mix in a wash once a week, but to save on color and seal in the natural moisture, it helps to cut down on washes.

I am also loving this Kerastase product that I got about a month ago from my salon.  I use it after every wash from tip to root, and it helps with preventing split ends and protects the hair from all of the styling and product use.


Have you heard of the Honest Company yet?  It's Jessica Alba's company and you can see their website here.  I received this healing balm in my last Birchbox and I have been using it nearly every night on my hands before bed.  It's a clear lotion and is thick and hearty - it's got a job to do right?  
Super effective for cracked dry hands.


When not using that healing balm on my hands at night, I love this lavender vanilla Sleep cream from Bath & Body Works.  I just got a sample size of it to try and it's really nice.  



When all else fails, there are two "Old Reliables" that I can always count on!
The first is good 'ol Johnson & Johnson Baby Creamy Oil.
Amazing product.
It does exactly what it says - moisturizes with zero greasiness.  And I love the light scent. 


Last but not least, there is always this Bad Larry!
Vaseline.
Perhaps the least attractive tub, but boy is it effective for dry anything.  When all else fails, I slather vaseline on my nail beds, my lips, my elbows - it helps with moisturizing any body part and never fails.


I hope you might try one of these products to keep a healthy glow this season!
Let me know what works for you!





Comments