Instant Pick Me Up by Dior

You can probably tell that I am on a product kick this week!  Don't worry, I will get back to clothes soon.  There are just a few products that I have been wanting to try, and now I can finally tell you about some of them.  One of them is this lip balm by Dior called Creme de Rose.


I have been hearing so much about this lip balm!  I couldn't resist the beauty pressure, so I picked one up at Sephora and wanted to try it for myself.  I mean, for Dior to make a lip balm that only comes in one shade/scent all by itself... This has to be good, right?

So let's talk about the good and the bad with this little gem.  It truly is a Pick-me-up.  First of all, the packaging and appearance is beautiful.  It's so much more luxurious than taking out a Carmex tube or a Chapstick to apply.  This is elegant and feminine and looks the part.


The color is soft pink and it smells and tastes like roses.  The actual wax is not soft or creamy, you have to actually apply pressure with your finger to get enough for both lips.  But once you put it on, there is an instant hydration about this lip balm.  And it feels velvety.  It offers a soft shimmer and you just feel...well...pretty!


So now the not-so-great points.  Number one is that I have never paid more than around $5 for any lip balm, and this one was more than 5x that!  The price is outrageous at $27...it must be in part for the name Dior.

The other disappointment is that the "long lasting" isn't very long lasting.  I have had to reapply over and over again to keep the moisture on my lips.

I will say that this balm is a miracle worker underneath lipstick.  It keeps the lips really well hydrated as a base layer and has prevented any cracking.  It's also a noticeable plumper for the lips. Who doesn't love a little lip plumper?

Has anyone else tried this lip balm?  What is your favorite lip hydrator?

Comments