Kill the shine!

Lately I have noticed that my face is super shiny during the work day.  I find myself needing to blot multiple times and it's driving me nuts! 
I immediately blamed my make up regimen and started analyzing every product I am using for oil content.  When I realized that my make up was all ok and for the most part, very premium brands...I went to Google like everyone else does when they can't figure something out.
I found a great article about preventing shiny skin prior to make up application.  
It features skin care in the bottom section called the "Anti Shine Buying Guide."
And there I found the Zero Oil line from Origins.



I don't typically use a toner on my face.  But after cleansing, it's an important step, as the woman at the Origins counter told me.  So I have been using these two products the last few days and already I'm seeing a noticeable difference in my daily face texture and tone.  
The smell is nice, it's very fresh and minty - but it takes some getting used to.

Then for underneath my make up, I found this make up primer called "Shine Killer."  Could not have worded it better myself!  Just what I need!


What I like about this product is that it can be worn as a primer, or over make up to reduce day time shine.  It's really versatile and doesn't disrupt any make up placement.

NYX Shine Killer is sold for $12.99 at Ulta Beauty or Target.

How do you battle shine?
I will keep you all updated on my success with these products!  So far so good.

Comments