Yay for Friday! Put on a happy face!

Happy Friday All!  Where has January gone?  

I wanted to take a moment to highlight my favorite make up products that I have discovered / been using this month.  These are gems!  I have seen a few of them featured on other blogs, and now I understand why...they are all fabulous and perfect in their own ways.  Maybe this post will inspire you to try one of them on your own darlin' face!


Ok, so first, let's talk face.  As I posted about earlier this week, my face was feeling super oily recently at work and I was determined to solve this ongoing nuisance!  So I have been using a new cleanser and toner (see the post here) as well as a new primer by NYX.  This one is called Shine Killer, and it really has been effective underneath my make up as a starting base to reduce shine from step one.  

Over the primer, I have been using "Stay Tuned" liquid foundation by Origins.  I am using the color shade Linen.  I am just really lovin' Origins lately, something about their products work well for my skin.  Kind of like finding a good brand of jeans, I am sticking with it!  


So I have been applying this liquid foundation with my beauty blender (from Walmart).  The trick, ladies, is to dampen the beauty blender first!!  (took me, oh, a month to realize this)  I use a small amount and place it on my hand, then dot the foundation all over my face with my finger.  I blend with the damp beauty blender and it really creates a flawless finish.  This foundation is light feeling, the perfect color match, and it lasts all day without any touch ups.

Next, I grab for my Laura Mercier invisible setting powder and my large Real Techniques face brush (read about this here), and do a once-over with this magical stuff.  It mattifies the face, sets my foundation and gives a lovely finish to the canvas!  I can see why so many beauty bloggers rave about this product because it's really amazingly light and perfect.



Moving on, to add a pop of color (my favorite phrase) I just recently picked up these three little numbers from Lord & Taylor's Bobbi Brown counter.  I love Bobbi Brown.  Everything she makes is really outstanding - from her brushes to concealers to sheer lip colors.


The first is a newer product that I read about on The Small Things Blog called Pot Rouge in Pale Pink.  I have been SO wanting to try a creamy blush and this is the one to buy, ladies.  Seriously, it's the most perfect pink.  Can be used for lips or cheeks!

The other two products are for the lips.  I picked up this Sheer Lip Color called Rosy that my girl Essie Button RAVES about and then I also grabbed the corresponding lip gloss to go with it called Pink Sequin 13.  I don't know, there is just something about having a lipstick with a matching lip gloss to go with it, I just feel more complete.

Lastly are two noteworthy eye items:  Origins Eye Brightening Mascara (read more here) and Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on eye liner.


The mascara is so brightening and eyelash lengthening...it grabs at all of my little eyelashes and pulls them out to play!  The glide on eyeliner was a sucker purchase I made (with no regrets) when I got my Naked 3 palette.  It's an awesome liner - totally easy to apply and double ended with a deep black on one side, and a highlighter on the other side.  Great product, I will likely pick up another color down the road.


So there you have it!  Who wouldn't put on a happy face with these lovely products making us so pretty!  Simple and long wearing - these products ensure a great day!

And with that, enjoy your weekend Everyone!


Comments