Eye Primers and Creme Shadows

Eye cremes and primers help to keep eye make up in place all day.  There is nothing worse than when your eyeliner from the morning is now on your brow bone by mid afternoon.   Or when the eye shadow that you perfectly placed on your lids when you left the house is now creased and messy by lunch hour.

Here are a few of my favorite eye creme shadows and primers that help to keep everything in place.


My favorite one from this pile is the Origins GinZing Brightening Creme Eye Shadow in the color Sugar Peach.  I just love everything about this product.  It's creamy and light -easy to apply - the color is gorgeous and can be worn alone with some mascara, or as a base for more shadows to build upon.  The best part of this eye creme is that it doesn't dry up in the pod.  It's still as creamy as the first day I opened it a few months ago.


Next, I have a couple of the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadows.  The one pictured below is in the color Cool Lilac.  It's really pretty - I have had this for a while as you can tell from the pod pulling a bit from the edges.  It's still really effective as an eye shadow base or primer.  Bobbi also makes a metallic version of this long wear shadow that is awesome for shimmer alone or over another pigment.


Most recently, and perhaps the ones I use the most, are the Maybelline Color Tattoos.  These can be found at any CVS, Rite Aid or drugstore in your neighborhood and they are super affordable and long wearing.  I love the color selection of these as well.  I have them in three colors - Bad to the Bronze, this maroon one pictured below, and also a skin tone one that is truly a base for me to layer on other shades.


Lastly, I have a few samples from Urban Decay that I have been trying.  These are eye primers in different varieties...so far I love "Sin" which is a shimmery pink shade.  There is a translucent Anti Aging primer which helps with fine lines and coloring, and lastly is the original primer which I have yet to crack open.  I am loving Urban Decay lately, so I can't wait to try more of this product.


Bottom line - use an eye primer!  After applying my foundation and powder, I use the primer on my eyes before any other shadow, liner or mascara.  It truly makes a difference and will help your eye make up to set and stay in place all day!



Comments