Favorite Blushes

Lately I have been changing up my makeup routine using mainly four blushes.  
I rotate them depending on what colors I am wearing that day.  
I truly love all of these blushes for a few reasons and 
wanted to share my thoughts on each.


From left to right:
MAC Petal Power - Milani Luminoso - Tarte Glisten -
 & Bobbi Brown pot rouge in Pale Pink.



The MAC and Milani are similar in packaging and texture.  
They are both "baked" blushes.  I believe this just means that there is shimmer baked into multiple pigments to create a rich, luxiourious color.  
MAC Petal Power is a limited time color and is currently sold for $25.  


It's best described as a coral pink color with gold shimmer.

Sorry for the weak swatch photos!  iPhone really does these blushes no justice.  

In person they are the prettiest colors and so luminous and shimmery, I love them!  
MAC Petal Power is a mineral blush as well, 
so for some reason I feel good putting it on my skin.

Milani Luminoso is the coolest shade of peach/pink.  It's a stand out, unique color that always draws the question, "what blush are you wearing??" when I have this one on.  


As you can see, it highlights as well.  I love an all in one product like this!  And perhaps the best part of Milani baked blushes?  Their price point is around $7!  Amazing.  It can be found at your nearest CVS, Walgreens or even some Walmarts.  

Next is my favorite blush by Tarte.  It's called Glisten and it's also a really pretty shimmery peachy pink color.  Tarte is known for their Amazonian Clay products which is a unique, natural ingredient they use.  This is sold for $26 from Sephora.


I would say of the four blushes here, this Tarte one wears the longest and tends to be my go to blush no matter what I am wearing.

Lastly is the Bobbi Brown pot rouge blush/lip color in Pale Pink.


So this is a Creme blush, which is new for me.  I love it so far.  I use my fingertips to apply the color to my cheekbones and also to blend it out.  It looks hydrated and  dewey once applied, no shimmer.  Just really pink, snow kissed cheeks.

This is the most bang for your buck at $26 because this product also doubles as a lip rouge.  It's nice!  Hydrates and moisturizes while offering plenty of color.  It's not as heavy as lipstick and is much more pigmented than any lip balm.

So how do these stack up in order of preference?
It's hard to say!  
I think that it's a tie between the Milani Luminoso and the Tarte Glisten.

What are your favorite blushes?  Which colors do you wear most often?  











Comments