Makeup Geek Eye Shadows

Makeup Geek is a well known name in the beauty world.  The woman behind the brand is Marlena and she is easily found on the internet or YouTube with a million blog posts, make up tutorials and fashion ideas.  Read more about Marlena here.

She is also the CEO and founder of her company, Makeup Geek, which manufactures the most amazing eye shadows and pigments, lipsticks and other beauty products.  Her eyeshadows are comparable to MAC, so as you can imagine, they are smooth, pigmented and just plain gorgeous.

So I wanted to share my excitement of opening my first Makeup Geek palette with you!


The first step is to pick out your favorite colors here.  There are reviews, tutorials and swatches  of every color, so this isn't the easiest decision to choose just a couple.  Some shades go well together, so it makes sense to read up on your eye color and pick out some good ones.  They are $5.99 each.


Then grab a magnetic palette.  Here is her selection.  I picked out this one because it's a good size and has a large built in mirror on the inside.


One by one, the eye shadow pans adhere to the palette and you can create your very own set of colors!  I love this feature and can't wait to add more to the collection.


These pictures do not do the colors any justice.  In person, they are so pretty, smooth, shimmery and long wearing.  I love the colors I have so far (all of them!) and among my favorites are Shimmermint, Simply Marlena and Glamorous.



I have only gotten one pigment so far, which is more of a loose shimmery powder.  Browse her pigments here.  The one I ordered is Afterglow.  
I will do a review on it and make a post soon.  
In the container, it's stunning!


Check out Makeup Geek for some great learning and new products!
You will not be disappointed!





Comments