What's in My Gym Bag?

Is it just me, or is working out SOO much easier with cute clothes and good accessories?  I am more likely to work out if I have bright colors on and clothes that are comfortable and fit well.

So I wanted to share with you what I keep in my gym bag!  First off, outside my gym bag, I keep a pair of 5 lb weights and a yoga mat in my spare bedroom so that I can always make time (even 10 minutes in the AM) for a quick workout.


Next, I have a great headband from LuLu Lemon to keep my hair out of face while I am feelin the burn.  They have a bunch of styles that are super cute for around $12-14, see them all here.


Next I reserve a pair of sneakers for the indoors that are comfortable and light weight.  I never wear them outside!  They are just for indoor classes or the gym.  UnderArmour carries a nice selection - See all Women's running/training shoes here.


Sometimes class can start off kind of chilly and so I like to layer up.  I love UnderArmour and LuLu Lemon for some good layering pieces like these two.  Bright colors and patterns are the way to go!  I mix and match colors and really don't overthink it - brighter is just better.


I love any tops with thumb holes!


I also keep a comfy sweatshirt in my gym bag in the event that I have to quickly thrown on an added layer to leave the gym.  Can't hurt to have a piece of comfy clothing in my gym bag for all sorts of last minute needs.

This one is from Athleta and i picked it up a couple months ago.  It's a winner - the style, comfort and fit are ideal for me.  I would get it in all colors if they offered it.  


Next I pack a few sports bras - the black and neon green are my fave's - just to keep some variety between work outs and change it up.  I always size up in my sports bra because I love a little extra room.  There is nothing more uncomfortable than a skin tight sports bra, squeezing everything too close together, if ya know what I mean!
I love Gap, Old Navy and Target for sports bras.  Sometimes I also luck out at Marshalls!


Hands down, the best pants for working out are the GapFit gFast Capris.  See them in all colors here for $54.95/each.  They fit like a glove, move and breathe well - I just love them and they are worth every penny for the quality.



I love packing a cosmetic bag for the gym with just a couple necessities.  From left to right - I have a Caudalie refreshing facial spritzer, a dry conditioner for my hair, some good deoderant, and a travel size Bumble and Bumble hairspray.


I keep an empty watch box in my bag to put my rings, earrings and jewelry while I work out.  The box keeps everything separated and safe instead of falling to the bottom of the gym bag.


I always throw in a couple tank tops that are longer in length and easy to wear.  It's important to feel good in work out clothes because if they are not comfortable, you are less likely to push yourself and move freely!


I always keep a couple extra undergarments in my gym bag for obvious reasons!  
I like to keep everything fresh!


Lastly, I store a small hand towel for washing my face or freshening up after class.  A towel from home that I am OK with sending to the gym does just fine.


What did I miss that you keep in your gym bag?  
Would love to hear!











Comments